How to speed up your site
Here are some general tips for speeding up your site:
1. Please note that a significant role in site speed is held by the server itself, so you should make sure that you are using a reliable hosting provider with fast and secure servers.
Click here for a list of hosing providers recommended by Envato.
2. You can analyze your site speed on GTMetrix.
3. Optimize your images with a tool like JPEGmini.
5. Enable gzip compression on your server. Paste the following code to the .htaccess file located in your theme’s root directory:
You can read more about gzip compression here.
6. Leverage browser caching. Please see this article.
7. Use a PHP version of at least 5.6 in order to process PHP code faster and to fix older version bugs. WordPress now recommends using a PHP version of 7.0 or greater.